From Mobility Base SDK - Wiki
Unpacking Your New Base -> Mobility Base Setup -> Battery Replacement -> Wireless Joystick -> SDK Setup -> Config -> Launch -> Mounting Baxter and Backpack -> Motion Demo -> Connecting to Baxter and/or Remote Computer
Open Main Circuit Breaker
- Cut off power to the rest of the vehicle by fully depressing the red button on the circuit breaker.
- Be sure that the battery charger is also disconnected from the charge port at this time.
- Remove Side Panels.
- Remove Outer Battery Baffles.
- Disconnect Battery Cables.
- Remove Batteries
- #2 Phillips Screwdriver.
- Extension (3" minimum).
- 7/16" Socket.
Remove Side Panels
- Remove the 6 black screws from each side panel using a #2 phillips screwdriver.
Remove Outer Battery Baffles
- Using 5/64" Alan Key, Remove the 4 Fasteners from each outer battery baffle (16 Fasteners Total).
- Set outer battery baffles aside.
- Make sure to retain all hardware, do not misplace.
Disconnect Battery Cables
- Using a 7/16 socket on an extension, remove fasteners from battery buds.
- Start with the main ground (black wires connecting to battery (-) terminal). Then remove other battery terminals.
- Be careful to avoid touching the Metal Ebox structure with the exposed Battery cable terminals and avoid touching cables together to prevent shorting of the batteries.
Battery Terminal Close-Up
- Slide batteries outwards.
- Take care not to allow battery studs to contact the ebox lid as it may result in shorting the battery.
- Install in reverse order.