Mounting Baxter and Backpack
- 1 Mounting Baxter On Mobility Base
- 2 Mounting Back Pack
- 2.1 Overview
- 2.2 Kit Contents
- 2.3 Monitor Bracket to Main Support Panel
- 2.4 U-Bolt Bracket Overview
- 2.5 U-Bolt Bracket Placement
- 2.6 Fit Rubber Bushings
- 2.7 Fit Threaded U-Bolt
- 2.8 Fit Equalizer Plate
- 2.9 Fit Hex Stand-offs
- 2.10 Repeat for Other 3 U-Bolt Brackets
- 2.11 Fit Main Support Plate to Hex Stand-offs
- 2.12 Level The Backpack on Baxter
- 2.13 Mount Inverter
- 2.14 Plug in Outlet Adapter (U.S. Only)
- 2.15 Power Harness to Inverter
- 2.16 Remote Harness to Inverter
- 2.17 Connect Baxter E-Stop
- 2.18 Connect Mobility base E-Stop
- 2.19 Connect Baxter Power
- 2.20 Verify E-Stop Function
- 2.21 Verify Inverter
- 2.22 Baxter is ready to use
- 3 Next Step
Mounting Baxter On Mobility Base
The link "Mounting Baxter" explains how to mount Baxter on any surface. Mobility base has already built in mounting profile with 4 screw holes as shown. So the instructions starting from step 2 in the above link explains how to mount baxter on surface like mobility base profile.
Note: Instead of the hex head cap screws provided in the baxter package, you can use the 4 hex head cap screws which is longer in dimension provided with the baxter mobility base package.
Mounting Back Pack
- Main Support Panel.
- Left L-Bracket.
- Right L-Bracket.
- Keyboard Tray (With Brackets).
- Monitor Bracket.
- Outlet Adapter*.
- U-Bolt Mounting Kit x 4.
- Extension Cable*.
*U.S Version Only.
Monitor Bracket to Main Support Panel
- Using the hardware in the 4 mounting holes, secure the monitor bracket to the main support panel at whichever height is preferred.
- Black-Oxide Pan Head Phillips Machine Screw, 18-8 Stainless Steel, 8-32 x 1/2".
U-Bolt Bracket Overview
- Rubber Bushing.
- Threaded U-Bolt.
- Equalizer Plate.
- Hex Stand-off x 2.
- Button-Head Fasteners.
U-Bolt Bracket Placement
- The U-Bolt brackets support the four corners of the main support plate and secure the backpack to Baxter's tubular frame.
Fit Rubber Bushings
- Spread the rubber bushing over the tube.
- Position backwards for easier installation of the threaded U-Bolt later.
Fit Threaded U-Bolt
- Press threaded u-bolt through the groove of the rubber bushing so that the contour of the bushing matches the contour of the threaded u-bolt.
- Push the threaded u-bolt on until it bottoms out on the rubber bushing.
Fit Equalizer Plate
Fit Hex Stand-offs
- Fit each hex stand-off on the threaded u-bolt.
- Do not tighten at this time as they will be tightened in a later step.
Repeat for Other 3 U-Bolt Brackets
- Repeat the previous steps to fit the other remaining u-bolt brackets.
Fit Main Support Plate to Hex Stand-offs
- With an assistant, raise the main support plate and align the mounting holes of the main support plate with the U-bolt brackets.
- Using the button-head fasteners, fit the main support plate to each hex stand-off.
-Black-Oxide 18-8 SS Button-Head Cap Screw, 1/4"-20 x 3/4"
- Do not torque the fasteners yet until after the backpack is adjusted for leveling.
Level The Backpack on Baxter
- Raise and lower the U-bolt brackets to level the backpack assembly with respect to Baxter.
- Then proceed to tightening the hex-standoffs by hand, and then tighten the button- head fasteners using a 5/32 " hex key.
- Using the hardware in the four mounting holes, secure to the main support plate.
- 18-8 Stainless Steel Truss Head Phillips Machine Screw, Black-Oxide 8-32 x 3/8"
Plug in Outlet Adapter (U.S. Only)
- Plug the extension cable into the outlet adapter.
- Plug the other end into inverter.
Power Harness to Inverter
- connect harness from the INVERTER POWER port on the back of the mobility base to the input of the inverter.
Remote Harness to Inverter
- Connect harness from INVERTER REMOTE on the back of the mobility base to the remote input on the top of the inverter.
Connect Baxter E-Stop
- Connect the DB15 section of the e-stop harness to the baxter I/O port.
Connect Mobility base E-Stop
- Connect the two position connector to the E-Stop port on the rear of the mobility base.
Connect Baxter Power
Verify E-Stop Function
- Check operation of E-Stop before operating vehicle.
-Depress the E-Stop switch until it clicks -Turn the mobility base ON using the circuit breaker * The vehicle should not move at this time; even when commanded with remote * If for any reason the vehicle attempts to move while the e-stop is depressed, cut off main power using the circuit breaker and do not operate the vehicle untill the issue has been resolved. -Twist the E-Stop until it releases * An audible beep will indicate the vehicle is ready. * The vehicle is now operational.
- Turn the power switch located on the top of the inverter to the ON position.
-The Green light should illuminate accompanied by a short audible beep on the inverter. -If the inverter low voltage warning is active, check the battery voltage and charge batteries as necessary * Check battery voltage by measuring the voltage across the two input terminals on the bottom of the inverter.